I Can See the Beach From Here


While we were at the beach, GoGo asked to redo her bedroom in a "beach theme".  I said sure...what did she have in mind?  ORANGE paint, Mommy!  Um, yeah.  No.
So instead we did a few beachy items and some new bedding and she was a happy girl.
It's not a private cottage in Bali but it will do for a 6 year old.





And then Gogo got some rockin' purple glasses and she can really spot the sea shells now, Mom!



And this has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I love my dining room in the early a.m.  The natural light that comes in is so pretty.  Getting' my Martha on pretty early, today.


Walks With Purpose got her hairs cut last week and her little bob is too much.  She looks so much older and she likes to look at herself in the mirror and tell me she "got cut".  As she brushes her teeth.


We met the big kids' teachers yesterday - all very good.
I had a moment of sheer terror last week though.  
It appeared as though GoGo had no assigned teacher (4 DAYS BEFORE SCHOOL) and that Walks With Purpose had no preschool to attend.
That equation?  Equals Madness for the Mama.

Alas, GoGo DOES have a teacher...a new and very nice one.  And some good buddies in there with her so all is right with the world again.
And Walks With Purpose does indeed have a preschool to attend...with her neighbor buddy.
And Mommy is thankful and happy.

D's teacher seems nice and one of his best buddies from 1st grade sits right next to him.  
In desks, not at tables anymore.  Growing up.

Today is our last day of summer break.  
I hate to see it end for many reasons...mostly because even though my little people have driven me crazy this summer on a few occasions, I will miss waking up with them and eating leisurely breakfasts, hanging at the pool, road trippin', impromptu playdates, staying up late to catch lighting bugs. 

Now we will have early morning schedules, afternoon activities, homework, early bedtimes.  With that  will come learning new things, meeting new friends and growing up.

Ready for Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment