Nothing, really

So 2/3 of my little people are back in school.  I don't want to jinx anything by even commenting, but things are going well.  In terms of getting up without argument, arriving on time, nice teachers, etc.

D in particular is faring well in the a.m.  He, like his mother, abhors being woken up early.  But he has not uttered one word of complaint since school started last week.  He seems to really like his teacher and the rhythm of things.
We are, however, only on Day 6.

GoGo has come with 2 Yellows in a row.  For those unaccustomed to quantifying your day with a crayon, this means she received a verbal warning from the teacher.  For what?  Talking too much, of course.  I told her today if she comes home with that again, she will lose some privileges.  She reminded me it was the other girl, talking to her that caused her to get in trouble.  Naturally.

GoGo also had her first piano lesson yesterday and I am proud to say she rocked it.  Granted, it was only 15 minutes long but hey, you gotta start somewhere.
I was really convinced Walks With Purpose was going to be a boy named Jude Patrick and I was going to be able to live all my rock and roll dreams through said child.  While she does enjoy her some tunes, she will most likely not be in a Beatles Tribute band.
But GoGo on the piano is very cool.  Her math-friendly brain gets the way the keys have order, "finger number"s, etc.  Maybe we'll be able to gather 'round the piano at Christmas for some seasonal fare.

Speaking of Walks With Purpose, her preschool open house is today and she starts next Tuesday.  She has been clapping her hands all morning when I tell her this.  
I have signed her up for 3 days, although I do not intend to send her 3 days every week.  I just like the idea of having options.  I sent my older ones for 2 days when they were her same age.  I was always told "as many days as they are old".  And I love doing things Even-Steven when I can.  But there may be days when I have a work commitment or need to volunteer at the big kid's school or just need my toes done.
So there we are with the 3 days.

Settling in to a new schedule.  New activities.  Weekend trips.  The holidays before we know it.
Nothing, really.  But quite a lot, also.



No comments:

Post a Comment