At Least We Were in the Right Place For It

So I survived my first attempt at teaching a Faith Formation class.
Or as my kids call it, "The Class About God."
Which, they say, they don't really need.  Because they already know all about God.

Because they are very clearly in dire need of warm bodies (hence, they asked ME to teach) I signed our happy selves right on up and Walks with Purpose attended nursery while the other 2 received instruction.
I was to have a co-teacher who unfortunately for me and my students, was a no-call/no-show.  Bummer.

I had to wake Walks With Purpose up from a nice nap to even get there on time so it's not hard to imagine her state when dropped off at nursery for the first time.
In fact, I received a frantic call about 20 minutes later to attend to her, as she had an explosively, bloody nose.  Nice.  My first thought?  She probably had some sort of apple-sized mass in her sinus cavity, causing her little nose to gush blood.  My next thought?  At least we are here, on Church property.  Maybe some extra call lines to the Upstairs.

After seeing that she was fine with Elmo on the tv and snacks in her hand, I returned to my class.
Which at that point, consisted of only my oldest child.  Then in a crazy rush, they all came bustin' in.  Fifteen of them, one of me.
There were 2 in particular that I quickly realized WILL require extra "laying of the hands."
My brain was yelling PUNKS while my mouth sweetly inquired if everyone there remembered the Our Father from last year?
Again, at least we are here.  Pray for patience, NOW.

GoGo had to be peeled from me like an old fruit roll-up when I dropped her off at her class.  She hadn't pulled that stunt in a very long time.  But on the return trip, she barely acknowledged me in the hall as she filed by with her class.  Well.  Hope she was saying some of those Our Fathers when she walked on by.

I felt good when I left even though I doubt I inspired any child to consider the Church as a vocation.  Maybe next week...


No comments:

Post a Comment