D came home on Friday with an "Outstanding Student Award" certificate. Apparently he was chosen from his class to receive it, got his name announced on the school TV show in the a.m. and got to go to the Media Center (Library, people) and get a special pencil.
I asked him why he received it. He said "just because I always give my best effort in class". Ok.
But did you do one thing in particular that got you the award? "No, I'm just always good". Ok, then.
For some reason he's back on the Legos he got like 3 or 4 years ago. They no longer make them so of course each set is like a thousand dollars now. Maybe not quite that much, but a lot for Santa's list.
So he's been building replicas of the sets he wants.
My girls. GoGo cried when she found out D received that award. Why are you so upset, I asked her?
"Because I'll NEVER get that award!" Hmm.
Lately I have been finding wounded Barbies around our house. Some with legs missing from the knee down, others without heads. Yesterday I found these 2, lying around.
I asked GoGo - what is up with all these injured Barbies?
"Shark Attacks". That was really and truly her answer.
She is obsessed with sharks right now.
I don't know if she's going into Marine Biology or horror films, but right now she would watch Jaws everyday if I let her.
WHO bit this one's arm???
My Walks With Purpose. Taking it all in.
No comments:
Post a Comment