Another chance to do right, make right, live right.
A clean slate.
I gave up New Year resolutions a long time ago. I don't keep them. I try to, but it never seems to work out in my favor.
Instead I'm going to just give thanks I woke up another day and see where that leads me.
Sure, I have a long list of things I would like to do this year...take horseback lessons, learn to play guitar, improve my photography, bake better, workout more. Oh and of course, BE A BETTER MOM.
Can't forget that one.
But what will I really do, in the end?
Definitely the better mom thing. These aren't house plants I'm raising. These little people deserve 110% and then-some when it comes to their childhood. Plus, I can't save for college, weddings AND therapy.
I will probably fore-go the horse and guitar lessons for myself to give swim lessons and summer camps to my kids instead. No martyr here, just enough Catholic guilt to last a lifetime.
I will work on my photography, thoroughly
I will workout more because I haven't been this flabby in a while, even with 3 kids.
Hmm. That leaves the baking thing...I will use my stand mixer more often to create Food Network worthy desserts. Hmm.
See why I gave up resolutions long ago?
1 comment:
soo cute!! LOVE it:D Glad I got to see ya today too- like I said any Monday.. and we can chug some milkshakes aand remember the good ole days long before our bodies gave birth to these fine kiddos of ours:P
Post a Comment