Instead, I usually find myself at a ToysRUs two days before Christmas getting a "few last minute" things, along with every other maniac in town. Or I rush to the Harris Teeter the afternoon of Christmas Eve, thinking I surely do not have enough sugar or chicken stock in my pantry.
I did get the whole family to church more this year and I did remember to say Merry Christmas to more people. But I am sad at the prospect of taking down the tree, removing my candles from the windows and turning off my Christmas music. Of course come June, I will be saying "Less than 6 months to Christmas! How can that be?" On to Valentine's Day.My kids had a great Christmas-lots of smiles and squeals and super cute pics. Too bad Mommy had her settings set for something other than a low-lit room Christmas morning but oh well. Memories, right? Even darkly lit ones. I will have to narrate.
Um, stockings?
Going for the stocking grab.
D, enthralled with a Lego game.
Agent P, writing secret messages to parties unknown.
Lord, I hope she got some hair product in her stocking.
Santa's BIG GIFT to the older ones was a Nintendo DS. The basic one, not the one that allows for skyping and God knows what else. Apparently GoGo missed that memo though, because I caught her "taxting" her friend Julie several times on her DS. Love that girl.
D received a Nerf gun that would put Rambo to shame. It comes with a tripod, for the Love of Pete. I am waiting for him tell someone to "Say Hello to his Little Freend".
Agent P is just happy playing with the boxes stuff came in and everyone elses' presents but her own.
Go figure.
And then it SNOWED. Could this Christmas get any better? I was able to put Agent P's hot pink boots on and let her romp in the snow for the first time. She was a bit uncertain but my older 2 had a non-stop snow party for about 36 hours with the neighborhood kids and were flat wore out. Good times.
Now. When can I get my flip flops out, again?
No comments:
Post a Comment