So I signed D up for Faith Formation and Wednesdays have become our new "Date Night" with each other AND God.
D was not thrilled at the prospect of being signed up for anything else (future commitment phob?) for the following reasons according to him:
1. It cuts into his playtime with friends and Legos
2. It could interfere with him getting his homework done (Really?)
3. He already knows all about God, he learned about him in preschool.
Wow. Am I a bad Catholic mom or what?
I inform him that this isn't necessarily to learn about God, it's to become closer to him so he can one day take Communion like Mommy. He doesn't seem as excited as I think he should be at the prospect.
And of course being the dutiful Catholic I am, I have signed up to volunteer while he's at class. (No, it has NOTHING to do with the fact that Tar-jay is across the street and I may be tempted to drop $100 every Wednesday as I kill time for an hour).
A few mental notes I took at my first volunteer session last night that made me very happy:
1. The other mommies are really nice.
2. The lead mommy's little people there were running around the gym, 2 hours early for their class. Why? It was daddy's poker night and she had kid duty. Priorities, people.
3. We talked about Bingo nights.
4. One of the boys in D's class got in trouble for talking about "weiners" and using potty talk. SO thankful it wasn't mine. Is that bad?
After class I took D to dinner, just a little special time with my first born. He chose Chik-Fi-La.
We may need to find a venue that sells beer for Mommy. Is that bad?
On the way home he blew my mind with his musical tastes.
He requested Jimi, informed me he knew about the Rolling Stones already because "he knows Keith Richards" and started a discussion around who was better...EC or Jimi or Keith?
WOW, people, WOW.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment