I can't help it-I am one. If my kids have a headache, they must have a brain tumor. If my leg hurts, I have bone cancer. It's exhausting sometimes being this much of a hypochondriac.
All of this insanity is not without some merit-cancer runs in my family on both sides and in a major way. At 36, I have outlived my mother by 5 years. Kind of puts things into a different perspective...
I am pregnant with my 3rd and have only gained 20 pounds with 2 weeks to go which for most normal women, would be fantastic news. Not I. I convinced myself that a spot on my leg was melanoma and therefore the reason I hadn't gained as much weight this pregnancy was because the cancer was raging rampantly throughout my body. So I anxiously awaited my appointment with the dermatologist, just knowing he would send me straight to surgery from his office to remove this thing.
My husband, family and friends all laughed as they know me well enough by now to understand that at least once a year I "have cancer". So I go to the doc and he takes one quick look and says to his tagalong-23yearold-resident-student "What is that"? And she promptly says, "age spot". WTF?
Upon review of my entire very prego body, they surmise I have several other "age spots" and once I'm done nursing they can all be fixed with some magic potion the doc has. Which, I will be buying by the GALLON since apparently I'm not dying, I'm just old as hell.
I have to say I felt like a giant weight had been lifted by all of this, I just hate to admit to my hubby I was wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment