I am an official embarrassment to my son. For those who know me well, I am sure that comes as no great surprise. I can be loud and forget to use my mouth filter at times.
Yesterday, my naturally shy son really broke out of his box and began playing with 2 boys visiting their grandmother across the street. These were not complete strangers as we've met them before but certainly not the familiar faces he is used to. They sat on the bank by the creek and talked about Star Wars, built Legos, searched for worms and played "war" with some army dudes. I spied behind the bushes like any good neurotic mother and intermittently smiled and teared up. He seemed so grown up all of a sudden! It was so nice to see him genuinely enjoying himself in what was a bit out of his comfort zone. I was proud and a bit sad as I called to him to tell him it was time to come in and shower and in his best big kid-what could you possibly want mom-can't you see I'm playing here voice he answered me. This is progress, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment