Bikes and Blooms


One day there is a single bud on a tree or in the ground and then it seems as if the next day, the whole yard is in bloom.  I love Spring here.  









Same thing with these guys.  One day I am listening for their cries on a baby monitor, the next I am watching them ride their bike to a friend's house.  Without me.

The weather here has been so weird-almost 80 and shorts and no less than 3 days later, this is what we had to do to play outside in the morning.  It did not deter us from finding the beach/pool gear in the garage and recreating Ocean Isle in my driveway.




Big 'Bro helping Walks with Purpose.  He's working on his Pinewood Derby car for Scouts.


My kids played together for about 5 hours outside yesterday - making forts, playing Post Office, pretending they were at the beach and under shark attack and who knows what else.  Somehow in the midst of all that fun, GoGo was able to create a little card for Mom and Dad.
Notice the lovely conversation between she and D.  Much like in real life.


I asked her why Daddy had his arms crossed, as though he were mad or upset.
She looked at me.  "He's not mad.  He's saying Wwoorrdd."
OMG.
Where does she come up with this stuff?  Anyone who knows me and Hubs recognizes that our musical tastes do not include artists who regularly say "Wwoorrdd."  Not that there is anything wrong with that.



D decided to build a ramp to launch his bike off in the backyard.  I pretended not to be worried, as I didn't want to spend my Sunday at Urgent Care.  But he is just cautious enough to prevent that from happening.












This one discovered ice cream sandwiches in the freezer.  And remained in her jammies until bath time.  So basically, for about 24 hours.  Nice.








No comments:

Post a Comment