About a Boy


Yesterday my D had his birthday.  
I cannot believe he has been here for 9 years.
He is still as handsome as he was the day he was born.
He is also smart, funny and incredibly creative.

Some days he seems so old to me-when I watch him ride off with his friends or the way he discusses something with his dad or when I hear him talking on the phone.
Other times I still see my sweet little boy-when he grabs my hand in a crowd of people, when he snuggles next to me on Friday night-movie night, when he uses his school store money to buy me something instead.

He and I are very different in many ways-sometimes it's like oil and water.
In very distinct ways, we are very much alike.
He is very much a "black and white" kind of person, where I now recognize gray in so many areas of life.
He is very loyal but also very sensitive.  He's pretty easy to please in the way of material things.
For example, he asked for 2 things for his birthday.  An acoustic guitar (how could I possibly say no to that request) and a Wii game.  
Turns out, he used some of his own money to buy his game and I picked up the guitar and all was well in his world.  

We had the family over for a lunch and early bday celebration.  His talented uncle re-strung his guitar and gave him some awesome accessories for said guitar.  Good stuff.

Later, he invited several buddies over for an epic Nerf battle and flashlight tag.
Add some pizza and cake to that equation and it equates to one very happy boy.

Happy Birthday D!  I could not possibly love you more.



















No comments:

Post a Comment