Just a Girl


My Middle One.
Must be hard sometimes, playing that role.
Baby Sister requires a lot of attention.
Older Brother receives it, what with the birth order and only male child thing.
And sometimes, I think you get lost in the middle.  Literally.
While you are not perfect (you have some serious SASS in those pants), I think you totally rock.
If I were a little girl right now, I would want to be your friend, if not YOU.  
Why?  Because.
My Gogo is serious smart, absolutely hilarious, beautiful, rocks an amazing imagination 
and isn't afraid to get dirty.  I just adore you.

Lately you have had some kids teasing you about your name, pronouncing the "T" at the end.
You have come home upset about it a few times.  
I remind you of how special and beautiful your name is, just as you are.
In a world of ordinary, you are a Pearl (one of the meanings of Margot).

Last night after everyone was put to bed, I heard you on the steps.  I asked you what you needed and you replied "Mom, can I get one of those lamps you clap for?"  Although the question seemed odd, I knew exactly what you meant.  A Clap-On/Clap-Off lamp, just like Grandma used to have.  
Only you, my Gogo.















No comments:

Post a Comment