It's February. So at school, my 2 older ones are learning about Black History.
Most grades are doing some sort of project where they pick a famous person from history and write/report/draw about him/her.
D chose Martin Luther King, Jr. He did a great report complete with pictures, multiple facts and a couple of drawings. Most other kids in his class chose a similar person - someone who has impacted history, civil rights, etc.
Today GoGo brings home her choice - Will.I.Am. I don't know if I put the periods in the appropriate places or not, but it's one of the dudes from the Black Eyed Peas. Her teacher made a note, asking if I was ok with her choice.
Honestly, not so much.
I have nothing against this guy or the band. I confess to not fully understanding the periods in the name, but whatever. What do I know.
Would I feel differently had she chosen a musician that I like? Such as Robert Cray or Chuck Berry?
Maybe, but probably not in the end.
So, we are going to learn about Harriet Tubman and report about her. Gogo was happy because she "is a girl and I like her picture." And there you go.
Speaking of There You Go, that is Walks With Purpose's favorite saying. She adds it to just about anything she says. Playing with Barbies..."Yo leg broken? There you go!" Asking for more at dinner..."More rice please-there you go!"
At any rate, both D and GoGo received great mid-term reports, something I'm glad our school does. I especially love the extra notes the teacher writes about them. It makes the kids and me feel good.
And today, WWP came home with a smiley face stamp, something I'm certain she would not have received had her hands been "not nice". So, there you go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment