Hubs ran a half marathon this weekend at the beach.
We are very proud of him - he's already signed up for next year.
We had never stayed at this particular beach before but any beach is a good beach in February.
And we got to visit with very old friends. And we lucked out with good weather one day.
Good enough for my little people to play a bit in the sand and run through the water.
My little people convinced me to buy them each a hermit crab. I realized when I saw the red claw come out, I am not a fan of that kind of creature. I like the soft and furry ones you can love on.
But nonetheless, they came home with us and even survived the drive - at one point Gogo had fallen asleep and jerked, completely flipping her crab cage upside down. He didn't move much after that for awhile and Gogo informed him that "if you don't move by tomorrow, I'm bustin' you up".
We got to eat yummy seafood, party in an awesome indoor water park and visit the aquarium.
Good times and tired kids. Amen.
I don't know these people.
But I just wanted to remember that people were in swimsuits in February on the beach.
This one gave the waves her "STOP" sign - hands out, yelling "Stop, Water!"
I had to PRY these feet from the beach. He could have stayed there all the live long day.
Usually when we are at the beach, it's hot and there are about 500 strangers throwing Goldfish and chips around, attracting the birdies. This trip, they just floated on the water the entire time.
Getting their piggies used to the sand again.
I have never seen as many of these as we did this trip. If we saw one, we saw 12.



No comments:
Post a Comment