Zero to Sixty

Ever have one of those days where it goes from great to crap in the blink of an eye with your kids?

School mornings are not my finest time as a mother...I am NOT a morning person and neither is D so that always makes things fun.  I require at least 2 cups of coffee to be nice and most mornings I don't have time for that before leaving for school so you draw your own picture.  Today we were actually moving on time-teeth brushed, clothes on, breakfast consumed and shoes tied with enough time to make it before the warning bell.  Alright then.
He was enjoying a little early morning love-on-the-doggies time and when I had to break that up to begin the 2 minute trek to school, that's when the poo hit the fan.  He is 7 people-isn't that old enough to not whine and bitch???  Apparently not.  So a slight argument discussion ensued on the way to school where mommy's voice got increasingly louder and his little voice got louder and a bit quivery and then before I knew it he was walking the sidewalk into school.  And I felt awful.   *Sigh*
I hate sending my child off to anything, much less school, with a start like that.
So being the neurotic, stifling loving mother I am, brownies were baking within 45 minutes and a handwritten note of love was drawn in crayon and promptly delivered to him at lunch, where a boy in his class told me "no one knows God's birthday and that's the way it should be".  Don't you love public school?
Aagghh...someone is going to be my lucky daughter-in-law some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment