That Time of Year

For my annual "I have a bump/rash/funny tingling-soImusthavecancer" visit to the doctor.

For those who know me well, this is probably overdue as it is already mid-April. 

Anyway.  You know that bony part of your chest in between your boobs, sort of where all your bones meet?  Well just to the right of that intersection I am a bit bonier on the right than the left.  I know, whoop-de-doo.
Well I just knew it was either a really rare type of breast cancer or bone cancer; definitely, maybe the bone.
This extra boniness can be a bit tender sometimes too and the other night it was especially so.  In the a.m., I of course made an urgent doc appointment to check this all out.

OF COURSE the day I go in I have no tenderness and can barely find the bump.  To the point that when my ob asked me to show him exactly where it was, I couldn't.  In fact, my exact words were "Give me a minute, I know it's here".  Hmmm.

Turns out I have nothing terminal, just an assymetric body.  Well.  I think I will still have this confirmed in a few weeks at my annual physical with my other doctor, just to be sure.  Or maybe a therapist would be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment