Yes, I know. Pot, meet Kettle.
But lately D has been breaking out some unsavories. Nothing that would require expulsion from kindergarten but the kind of things that as my grandma would say are "just ugly talk".
Such as, some wonder?
Like "Flies Suck". Ok, they do...but is there another way to say that?
Or getting frustrated while hitting a golf ball and announcing "This Stupid Freakin' Golf Club isn't working". Hmm.
Or calling a cartoon GoGo is watching "stupid".
Or calling every other inanimate object "dumb". Necessary, really?
I know he gets frustrated easily (oh, the apple DOES NOT fall far from the tree). And this ugly talk doesn't hold a candle to mommy's inappropriate outbursts. (I am perpetually afraid GoGo will be expelled from her preschool due to mommy's mouth in the parking lot while trying to get the stroller out of the trunk and open or trying to get the car seat to buckle or trying to balance my phone/keys/coffee mug while pushing Baby N.) But I simply feel a just-turned-7yearold has lots of time ahead of him to pick up talk that wouldn't make the cut for toddler storytime.
Life moves fast enough as it is for these kids, let's not go supersonic on the sailor talk.
Meanwhile, GoGo the Beauty requested a popsicle yesterday. When I told her yes, she asked "is it because I am so cute?"
Why yes, yes it is.
And not 5 minutes ago D handed me a stickynote with a simple and impossibly sweet message..."Dear Mom, I Love You". Perfect spelling and punctuation to boot.
Maybe I'll rethink the soap in the mouth tonight...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment