I gave up Mountain Dew and gas station candy for Lent. Probably not going to earn me a special seat upstairs.
But, both are perfect for me to do without as I really enjoy them AND they are not good for me. So there you have it.
Today is going to be sunny and about 70 here-perfect weather for an ice cold MD and maybe a Watchamacallit while spending some time at the park. Hmm...my first true test during these 40 days. I WILL NOT FAIL.
I am giving careful consideration to upgrading cameras-I simply must be out of my ever-livin' mind. On Sunday I attempted to take some pictures of a bird taking flight (after sitting perfectly still for 10 minutes under a tree in my backyard and stalking it). All I ended up with was a few shots of him/her pooping and his/her butt while in flight. Not really National Geographic quality...I couldn't figure out how to set the focus on my really-too-smart-for-me camera fast enough to get the shot and therefore I must need a different camera. And I also have a ridiculous and overwhelming desire for a wide-angle zoom. Not the cheapest lens Nikon makes, unfortunately. So do I make a serious camera upgrade because of operator error or splurge on the lens that I probably don't really need right now? Oh, the trials and tribulations in my life...
My camera photog friend is coming in town next week-really the whole reason for the paragraph above. She helps fuel this camera insanity of mine. But I forgive her this mild infraction since we've been friends since 6th grade and therefore she has way too much dirt on me for my comfort level.
Ciao.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment