Where To Start...

This boy just got another great report card.  I work in his class every Wednesday so his teacher just gave me his card early-AB Honor Roll again.  Missed A Honor Roll by a hair, again.  They also had practice EOG's last week and he had the highest score in the class on the reading portion.
So proud of my D!

The other day Kitty brought a baby snake into the garage.  D, my animal lover, saw it and was trying to  entice Kitty to find a new plaything.  He said, "The snake is alive, but looks damaged."  Way to call it.



The Big Kids' school has a new music teacher this year and apparently, he rocks.  Which is what a music teacher should do.  But, anyway.
Last night some of the grades had a European Extravaganza, highlighting music, heritage, etc from various countries.  Very cool.  Third grade played African drums, with a tom-tom drum thrown in to keep it "Old Country."
D was not thrilled about having his picture taken or playing in front of so many people but he did fine.




It snowed here several a couple of weeks ago and Squeezalicious was the only little person home at the time.  She partied.  We ended up getting a couple of inches and she and Kitty ran around like maniacs.



















Apparently we then came inside to do laundry, as my bed in the background is naked.
 Groucho here, helped.  With the laundry that is, fully clothed in her princess nightgown.
This morning before school she informed that she is going to be a "cooker" when she grows up.  
I can only assume this means chef.



This weekend the girls enjoyed a birthday party for a sweet friend at a horse farm.
Very cool.

This little baby was checking out her tired mama.  


And this baby was loving the horse, but not enough to do a summer camp there.  
Bummer.  I would if I could.
This one vacillates between teacher, hair stylist and "nail girl."  What happened to shark doctor??
I feel very Seinfeldish when I say "Not that there is anything wrong with that"…but this is a child who makes up geometry problems on her whiteboard at home because she likes to.  Potential?  Check.


Second grade did a skit based on a Scottish song.  GoGo had a line as a Police Officer.  She loved it.  She told me she was going for a brogue but it kind of came off as Gomer Pyle.  It worked.



The weather is starting to break here, finally.
I am counting the days to summer break, almost as much as my kids.
Yes, there will be days where they drive me out of my ever livin' mind and I will mentally count the days until they go back to school and drink a Blue Moon or 3.  But the larger part of summer will be spent enjoying their giggles, our road trips, lounging in our jammies watching movies and playing flashlight tag with friends.

Let's start there.



No comments:

Post a Comment