This weekend we headed to the beach for a half-marathon for hubs. He did very well, almost in the top 100 finishers.
It was chillier than I had hoped but we still got in a walk on the beach and some pool time. It seems strange to be in swimsuits outside while the air temperature is about 55 but the little people did it. Thank God for heated pools. The place we stayed was so nice-the kids totally partied.
And it did me good to see the sunrise and sunset at the edge of the Earth. At least from where I stand.
Coats and swimsuits? Why not.


And then it snowed. I had never seen snow at the beach. To go from playing in the sand and swimming, albeit in coats and heated pools, to snow in the palms was a bit strange. But cool.
The night we left for the beach was the Father/Daughter dance at Gogo's school. It killed me to see her so grown up. She's only 7, for the love of pete. She had a great time, according to Daddy. She boogied with her friends and even got her daddy to dance. In public, without alcohol. Hate I missed that. While getting ready, we borrowed a friends curling iron. I hadn't used one since maybe, 1988? GoGo even asked if I knew how to use that thing. I did alright, no one got burned.
It was chillier than I had hoped but we still got in a walk on the beach and some pool time. It seems strange to be in swimsuits outside while the air temperature is about 55 but the little people did it. Thank God for heated pools. The place we stayed was so nice-the kids totally partied.
And it did me good to see the sunrise and sunset at the edge of the Earth. At least from where I stand.
The hotel had this amazing tree house/playground and my kids had the best time.
Coats and swimsuits? Why not.
The night we left for the beach was the Father/Daughter dance at Gogo's school. It killed me to see her so grown up. She's only 7, for the love of pete. She had a great time, according to Daddy. She boogied with her friends and even got her daddy to dance. In public, without alcohol. Hate I missed that. While getting ready, we borrowed a friends curling iron. I hadn't used one since maybe, 1988? GoGo even asked if I knew how to use that thing. I did alright, no one got burned.
So ready for spring and summer after this little weekend jaunt.
Kids are ready for road trips, sleepovers and lazy days.
Got a ways to go.
Have a few birthdays, Easter and Holy Communion first.
Gonna need that light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:
Post a Comment