Apples and Trees

When I look at my kids, I know for a fact that the old adage, "The apple doesn't fall from the tree" is so real.
In sometimes hilarious and occasionally annoying ways, they continually demonstrate their connection to my gene pool.
Santa brought Just Dance for the Xbox and all 3 enjoy cuttin' a rug.  D was doing this song called "Da Funk" the other day and told me he was boss at it.  I about fell over.  For those who know my son, this was a step out of his box.  He is not one to draw attention to himself in negative or positive ways-he gets embarrassed easily.
This picture sums him up nicely-outside, laid back, sweet smile.  Love him.


This picture also sums Squeezalicous up nicely.  Outside, playing, a bit grubby, trying to be like big bro.  Adore her.
She and D are tight and play very well together.  Even though her blond hair is more like her big sis, her features remind me of D.  
Her hard core giggle is like his too-when they both get going, it's like all my favorite songs rolled into one big music note.  
They both think poop and fart jokes are hilarious.  (Full disclosure, so does this immature mom.)
In fact, yesterday she turned her bottom to face our kitty and ripped one.  She and D almost hurt themselves cackling.  I may or may not have pulled a stomach muscle laughing.


I couldn't have found a better picture to sum up my GoGo.  Hair up "fashion", having a hula hoop contest by the water.  She is a beach girl.  She is competitive, extremely.  
She is hilarious without meaning to be so, sometimes.  The other day Squeezalicous had a big accident in the bathroom and I was in there cleaning it up.  GoGo walked up, surveyed the situation and without any sarcasm in her voice, wished me "Good Luck with That."  Love, love.



I wish these 3 could see themselves the way I see them - wonderfully, imperfect beings with imagination, smarts and loads of possibilities waiting for them. 
 I don't want to wish the next 10 years away, but sometimes I can't wait to see how they turn out.  
Despite my gene pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment