A List of Favorites

My kids are getting to me a bit this week so today while I listened to them argue/whine/cry/yell/laugh I tried to take myself to my happy place.  Without Blue Moon, so the trip was longer than I cared for.

But once I got there, I started making a list.  Of things I have loved about them or currently dig about them.

1.  When D was not quite 3, he was upset one day over what I cannot recall but he came to me and asked me to "wipe away his cries".  I can still recall his chubby little hands swiping his tears off his sweet little face as he asked me this.  So innocent.  I really felt like a Mommy at that moment.

2.  GoGo, when playing with Polly Pockets or stuffed kitties or naked Barbies has the absolute sweetest, lightest, high-pitched (without being annoying) voice that she uses to voice her characters.  She had that same voice at 2 and now at 6.  I love to sit in the hallway and listen to her in the playroom, completely caught up in her own little make-believe world and oblivious to the Mommy spying on her.

3.  All of my kids had blankies.  D keeps them stashed in his undies drawer now, GoGo still sleeps with hers though they are completely falling apart.  Just the other day I noticed Agent P rubs the corner of her blankie with the same fingers that GoGo uses (still).  It could be the same little baby hand, rubbing contentedly as she drifts to sleep.  I love watching that.

4.  D's eyelashes.

5.  GoGo's profile.

6.  Agent P's legs, especially when they are running frantically from me.

7.  That they all love music.

8.  That they are nice to one another when it counts.

9.  Tonight D told GoGo to "evacuate his area of the couch".  GoGo told him she would fart on his blanket.  Agent P ran up and smacked at them both.  This shouldn't even be remotely funny but for some reason it just was.  I just pretended they belonged to someone else for a minute.

10.  I love All of them.  Their funny stories, bad fart jokes, sweet hugs, tantrums in the middle of the bookstore, wonderful drawings, awesome forts and beautiful faces.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment