Beach Bums

The beach was a blast this year.  My kids are at the ages where they have no fears anymore of the water, sand, critters.  It was a lot of work chasing Agent P around, though, as she is still at the age where she cannot be left alone near a large body of water.  Say, the ocean.
So I got a good workout chasing her around but it was so worth it.
She absolutely partied at the beach-she danced in the tide pools, chased birds and crabs alike, found shells and charged the waves in her little fish floatie as though she were attacking Moby Dick himself.







This little guy chased Agent P and I all around the beach one morning.
It is a well documented fact that I have an irrational fear of things that can jump on me without warning-crickets, frogs, grasshoppers.  Those creatures make me scream like a ninny.
And I know crabs don't technically JUMP, but by God this one gave it the old college try.  
I swear to Pete he was after us.

 
When he tried crawling into Daddy's shoe, Agent P let.him.have.it.  And we never saw him again.



                       If ever I am blessed enough to own a beach house, this shall be Its Name.

My sweet girls-highlights courtesy of too much sun and exposure.


Tired but still sweet.


D informed us he was going to get rich selling our phone number to boys who requested it to call my GoGo.  I think GoGo may become rich too for the opposite reason.
D also informed us he was going to work at the beach building condos and houses but not actually live there himself.  When asked why, he replied in a tone of voice that said very clearly that Mom Doesn't Know Anything...that he had to have a job and work and didn't I know it cost a lot to live on the beach and he was going to have to buy food and everything!  
Well.  This line of thinking does not come from my people. 

I stalked the sunset each night but inevitably when it was a huge orange ball in the sky and simply breathtaking, I was without camera or driving across the bridge and Hubs deemed it too dangerous to snap photos while attempting to cross the ICW.


Don't you just love sandy, chunky, baby feet??


My 3 played well together this week-lots of digging, night crabbing, shell collecting and wave jumping.


What GoGo would have looked like on the beach circa 1976. 


Building and admiring some sea creature he discovered.


Not sure what is going on here but either she's trying to Jimmy Hoffa him or she's attempting a rescue.  Hard to say. 

Can you believe we saw a Bambi on the beach???  D spotted him first, of course.  
I swear that boy can see through metal. 




Next year I think we are going to try and stay 2 weeks because it seems just as you get your relaxed beach vibe going, it's time to start packing up and heading home.  Always sad to say goodbye but I am thankful we live where we do so we can see the sand and waves in only 3 hours.
Great memories.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Great pics Traci! Glad you guys had fun.

Post a Comment