My kids are really into the idea of Santa, and for that I am thankful. I think I will be incredibly sad the day they no longer Believe in the Magic.
So the first morning we woke up with the Elf in our house, GoGo could not wait to find Kramer.
In fact, she forgot one of the golden rules as it relates to the Elf and TOUCHED HIM. Ugh oh.
So daddy reminds her of this cardinal sin and big tears well up, she freezes with the Elf in her hand and nearly has a breakdown.
Later that day when the Elf was safely back in his viewing spot, GoGo tells me NOT to come into the dining room as she is going to be talking to Kramer, not touching him.
So of course I spy on her and that is what I saw/heard.GoGo - I'm sorry if I hurt you earlier when I picked you up. I hope Santa isn't mad at me.
Kramer the Elf - curious silence.
GoGo - Here are some Hershey kisses for you. Love you Kramer. (as she lays 6 kisses next to him, which Mommy ate later to prove the Elf was real).
Now how could Santa be mad at such sweetness??
Or my handsome D, when I explain to him we're gift shopping for a family that doesn't have much money and no insurance and are just in a bad way, as my grandma would say. He suggests to me that we do 2 things:
1. Give them a Target gift card so they have more money (Ah, Tar-jay...the medicine that cures all)
2. Buy them some medicine at Target, of course, so they will have some if they get sick again.
Who can argue with such a simple but clear perspective?
This one is really too young to appreciate any of this but did figure out how to open Hershey Kisses and consume them while on the short drive to preschool this am. Love her. And the bandaid on her bottom lip is due to a shaving mishap. Big times at 17 months.
Meanwhile Mommy caves in to Christmas Card Pressure and creates and mails a sub-par card but is ok with it because she Believes In The Magic, anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment