Know what this is? Something very special! from GoGo, for Mommy. She ran up to me, barely able to contain her pride and excitement, and handed me this "piece of artwork". Hmm. Love that she thought to add the heart and peace sign, as if that somehow mitigates it all.
This would be the 234th outtake from our annual Christmas Card Photo Extravaganza.
God Help Us, everyone.
If I could have somehow wrangled obtained this picture with all 3 little people, I could sleep easy.
Ever, the escape artist.
And on a completely different train of thought, the other night I was asked to help with a 6th grade Faith Formation class. Ok, fine-just don't ask me any hard questions. Let me pass out markers and smile alot.
Wow. What a HARD age. The boys were on one side of the room, girls on the other. The "cool boys" were snickering during the whole thing. One girl re-did her updo at LEAST 10x during the class. And all of this was going on during PRAYER. About MARY, for the love of pete. At then at the end they were to draw a picture of Mary (using the markers I so helpfully passed out).
One boy turned one in with a green squiggle. A GREEN SQUIGGLE.
I gave him my best eyebrowup-dartsforeyes-whatthehellareyouthinking look. All moms have one.
And I think it worked. He looked mighty small for a minute and told me "that wasn't his REAL picture. He can't find that one." Right, kid.
Now. I am far from a Puritan and oh so far from perfect. I could have been any of these kids once (except for the girl actually named Mary, as she was the only participating).
But Oh.My.Word. It gave me cold chills, thinking of what I have to look forward to with my own 3 little people. Had this been my own class, I would have reminded them of CONFESSION and how they all needed to go. Including the teacher.
Oh, Happy Advent.
1 comment:
You may have been like one of those kids once upon a time but the one that is YOU totally is GoGo....I can see you handing your dad a note with butt on it, with such pride!! hahaha Awesome pictures, I love to see what you are up to:)
Love Neecy:)
(AKA "Gidget" as you like to refer.:)
Post a Comment