I wonder if anyone else ever looks at their little people and wonders "Who Are You and How Did You Get Here?"
It amazes me the people my babies are becoming, and quickly too.
D asked me 182 questions last night before bed regarding college, declaring majors and minors and future employment. Wow. We talked through many scenarios and I did my best to explain SAT's, dorm life and grading systems. I then reminded him that he was in 2nd grade and we don't need to plan out his entire life just yet. His response-"but I WANT to!" His daddy's DNA courses through his veins hard and fast, sometimes. He did let me know that he wanted to join a running group in middle school and high school. That would be called track and cross country and those are things I CAN help you with and that is mommy's DNA pumping now. I am thankful, in a way, he is thinking about all of this. Because a lot of growing up happens on the other side of 18, when technically parents are off the hook. I am getting him ready to become the man he is supposed to be and then it's up to him to finish that job.
GoGo is a budding fashionista who sometimes sounds like Paula Deen as a child. Because she is not fixing her hair in a mirror, but rather a MEERUH. Her southern accent just kills me sometimes. So far D does not have one, really. He sounds like a typical midwesterner, with no discernible accent at all. In fact, he will comment if he hears someone who sounds like they are from the woods of south Georgia.
Too soon to tell with Walks With Purpose, as she still sounds like Elmer Fudd a lot of the time.
So yesterday GoGo wears seersucker shorts, white ruffle tank, hot pink knee highs pulled all the way up and a straw fedora. To Faith Formation, no less. Impressive. I did not possess such sense of self at the ripe old age of 6. She is light years ahead of me in so many ways.
WWP has been practicing for what I can only imagine our Mother's Day program at her preschool. Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee and You Are My Sunshine are drowning out mommy's music around here. Her sweet little voice is just too much to take sometimes. I wish she would just stay 2 for another year or so.
I say that today, of course. I don't think I felt the same last week when I had both girls in the family restroom at Tarjay and disaster struck. While GoGo did her business, I decided to change WWP's diaper.
As SOON as I removed her diaper, the floodgates opened and a tidal wave of pee hit the floor. Also at the same time, the fire alarm starts going off. So there is a strobe light blinking frantically on the ceiling, the alarm is raging outside the door, GoGo freezes on the pot, I am trying to not slip in a puddle of pee and WWP starts to sing the Bumblebee song. Really. Impeccable timing. I tried really hard not to let any potty words escape my mouth but I am quite certain I failed about 18 times before we all managed to escape that room. Only to find, the Tarjay alive and well with no hint of fire anywhere. Memories.
We have so much coming up the next few weeks and I am starting to stress a wee bit. I am not really good at keeping track of where/when/who all of the time and I feel like this time of year we are bombarded with school stuff, end of year activity stuff and family stuff. Insanity.
I wish I could borrow some of hubs DNA at times like this. Instead, I am working on playlists for all of our road trips coming up. Nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment