So D has his First Communion coming up in 3 weeks and we had a retreat this past weekend to prepare for the big event. One of the things the children were able to do is go up to the Altar and receive plain host and wine-no priest there to consecrate anything.
D was unsure about the wine thing as "he had to drink after other people" but I encouraged him to give it a go. He's looking a bit nervous about the procedures and what not on the way up but when I see his face on the return trip-a huge grin.
I grin back, thinking maybe there is a priest in there somewhere yet...NO.
His grin was simply from the fact that he loved the wine.
This, is unexpected. I completely thought he would hate it and GoGo would love it. Why is that?
Well, for starters, the other day as she got a snack of goldfish and apple juice, I heard her singing "Red Solo Cup! I fill you up! Let's Have a Party!" Not to mention the fact that when the girl was no more than 2 she enjoyed 2 large gulps of mommy's draft beer at Ri Ra's one day and was licking her chops for more. I nearly had to put her in timeout to keep her away from my beer.
So D, apparently, will be a wine sommelier upon becoming an adult and NOT a priest.
That could come in handy too...
Walks With Purpose has been killing me lately.
She is all about going to the beach and digging on "Piwhit Iwind for a BIIGG tweshur under the sand!"
Lost in translation? We'll be finding Pirate Island and then commencing the Big Dig for treasure.
At her preschool they have been working on identifying first and last names by sight and letters in both.
I was working with her on that the other day and when I told her what her birth certificate said, she informed she was NOT a DeFelice, she is just NORA! Cher and Madonna, brace yourselves.
I can't believe school is almost out-we'll be road tripping in no time at all. In less than 2 months we'll have already taken a beach trip and be in the 'Lou. I am so psyched, I can hardly stand myself. I have been picking up little books and games for the trips for all 3 little people. Things to keep them entertained for hundreds of miles at a time, should the scenery not be enough.
Maybe I just need to pack a box o' wine and some red solo cups and call it done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment