I am 5 Today, You Know
How many people did GoGo say that to today, I wonder?
All of her family.
Friends at the pool.
Strangers at the pool.
Her new American Girl doll, Sophie.
The dogs.
Today was her day - she turned 5 today at 7:03am. She has been enjoying her new doll, her new boombox and Hannah Montana cd and all of her new bling from PopPop. Next weekend will be her big girlfriend party but today we just enjoyed friends and family and it was so nice.
She was a very sweet, easy to please baby and for the most part that is still the case. I still think of her as my "sweet baby girl" even though
a. she's not a baby
b. I have another baby girl
c. sometimes she corrects me by telling me she's a BIG GIRL NOW.
GoGo has always been incredibly thoughtful, sweet and easy going. She has her moments and she can dish it when she needs/wants to.
But for the most part she is a girl I would have wanted to be friends with when I was a kid and I can't say that for all children I currently know.
I see moments of the "I'm-a-teenager-now-and-you-can't-tell-me-what-to-do" in her at 5 though. It's as though someone flips a switch in my children at that age because D did the exact same thing. The sass started, the whining turned to arguing and the timeouts turned into "losing priveleges".
But my sweet girl is still there; the one who runs up to squeeze my Blue Moon belly and tell me I'm the best mom ever...the one who always thinks of her brother at the gas station while picking out treats in the candy section...the one who plays happily with Baby NoNo while I'm cooking dinner.
She wants to be a doctor AND a fashion model AND a teacher AND a mommy. If anyone can accomplish all of that, my GoGo is the one for the job.
I love this girl. Happy Birthday Sissy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment