Hot, Tired and Bitter is no way to go through Life





That pretty much sums up life around here lately.
It's H.O.T.  Even for NC in June.

Usually I'm done with summer after our annual beach trip, which is usually in late July.  After that point, I simply have used up all of my sweat-behind-the-knees/bad hair/crabby kids/icecream overload days and I just can't be bothered anymore. 

I'm almost done with summer already this year because it hasn't been below 95 in oh, maybe something like 15 freakin' days in a row.  Whatever.

All of that leads to a wonderful idea for Gogo's bday party-a POOL PARTY.  How original.
Blondie loved it as did most everyone else it seems.  She partied with her girls, rocked out to Hannah Montana and looked uber-cute.  The ice cream cake was hanging by a thread by the time we got around to singing and cutting but it was fine.  Mommy still managed a huge piece and all was right with the world.













































We have been using neighbor's pools to take a break from our ghetto fabulous set-up in the back...you know those inflatable pools that only hold enough water to track in every blade of grass from the yard and a little baby pee?  Yeah, a few of those.  This is what memories are made of.

My D goes to a camp right up his alley tomorrow-Camp Invention.  I swear that kid is going to either invent something that utterly changes the face of the planet or be one of those guys who wears a sun visor year round, has a writing utensil behind an ear and is earnestly working on 10 different "formulas" and patents.  He is constantly writing something, building something, cutting something, digging something or just talking about doing all of it.  He totally rocks smart.

Agent P is so close to walking but I swear her Fred Flinstone feet are holding her up.  How can those short, fat little things hold up all of that Hossiness?  I don't know but she is so cute it just kills me sometimes.  She thoroughly enjoyed her bday cake (does that apple fall far from this tree?) and I can see the two of us enjoying some cake and icecream/Harris Teeter runs in the years to come.

The number of fire flies (lightning bugs where I'm from and what IS the difference, really?) in our backyard is nothing short of astounding.  We don't need to install any fancy lighting on our patio or back porch until after the summer because we have a beautiful show of light every night for FREE. 



















My kids are totally digging chasing them...although I did have to remind them to catch them first, THEN put them in the jar.  Not hold the jar up and try to coax them in.  So many things in life just don't work that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment