It is only Saturday in the a.m. and my weekend has totally rocked thus far.
Last night I waited with hundreds of other people to meet the Pioneer Woman.
If you do not know her, you simply should. It will make you a happier person, better mother and all around AWESOME human being.
Ok, maybe not. But she is funny as hell and has a great cookbook out.
I was able to ask her some lens questions and I was giddy with anticipation as I sat down next to her. What would she suggest? Would she offer me to check hers out? I almost asked if I could touch her camera but didn't want to
a. freak her out
b. have security called on me.
BTW, her camera is not just for photography. It is, by my quick inspection, a FREAKING TANK that could have won WWII.
It is huge and rugged looking and I had visions of me riding on the back of a camel taking shots on a wild safari and my pics later printed in National Geographic.
Ok, how many Amstel Lights did I have?
But back to the lens...for the shots I'm interested in (which I clearly pointed out to her in her own cookbook) she suggested a 12-24 or an 18-200...had I considered them, she asked? OF COURSE but I would have to either sell a child(ren) or acquire a sugar daddy and I just don't see either scenario playing out well.
She is very self-deprecating and genunine...the kind of person I could see myself enjoying a Blue Moon with and really, that is how I evaluate the potential of any friendship.
All of that was last night then this morning I found 3 yardsales-MOTHERLOAD.
I picked up 2 rotary phones that still work, 3 vintage purses (one is a 70's crochet bag that brought back such sweet memories of being 5 and hearing the clickety-clack of the wooden handles of mine) 2 Tyler's Ultimate cookbooks, a glass vase, a pink keyboard for GoGo and a magnet set for D. All for the low, low price of $12.25. PINCH ME, somebody.
AND I started a new book last night, The Help. I love to read and plan to devour the pages this weekend.
AND I was able to work in my garden this morning sans children.
AND I'm hanging with friends later and drinking Blue Moon.
AND I love my life.
Happy day.

2 comments:
I am wicked jealous of your PW adventures!! Glad to hear she was so much fun in person. :D
Well Mrs. Traci you most certainly did have a good weekend, and bravo on the yardsale!!! You did rock!!! ~ Candi
Post a Comment