You know the "spots" you can see sometimes if you shut your eyes really tight and then strain them to the point of no return and then OPEN them?
Well. It seems D does that and thinks he has magic eyes that can see GERMS all around my house.
Do you know what that does to someone like me? Someone who steam mops my hardwoods after the cleaning lady leaves because she cleans my house with her shoes on and God only knows what kind of nonsense she is tracking in. Someone who uses her dustbuster and Shark mop e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y, multiple times. Someone who has been known to crawl under the table to clean crumbs while family members finished Christmas dinner. (Am I using a lot of italics or what, tonight?)
Anyway, D informs me he is magic, the only kid like him in the whole world.
Me: "Of course you are honey, God made you super special and the only D in the world." (Don't we all tell them such things?)
D: "No mom, for real. I have magic eyes that can see germs all around our house."
Me: "WHAT?"
D: "Like right there. See those purple spots?"
Me: "NO, I do not."
D: "Right there! Close your eyes like me and then open them and you will see them too. Those are germs."
Me: "Still no spots."
D: "Uugghh."
Now GoGo comes in and claims she too, can see the spots/germs. They begin walking from room to room then standing there and closing their eyes, opening them quickly and rapid-fire pointing out the germs all around. Then daddy comes in to survey the haz-mat situation. He tries to explain what is happening when their eyes do that but they both remain convinced they have magic eyes. In fact, GoGo announces she is the SUPERGERMFIGHTER. Guess we don't need to worry about college for her.
Think I'm passing on some germie tendencies to my little people...or are they just magical? I think the latter, for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, Virginia! I have one word for you.....groupimmunity. (Okay, two words.)
Put the Shark Mop down and enjoy those purple spots! :D
Oh Crap! Wrong Blog!! Anyway, you knew it was me!!
Post a Comment