Well, I made it. To the "40" club - and no, that is not a reference to any large bottle of alcohol best served in a brown paper bag. Last month I turned the Big 4-0 and I am so happy to have done so. For a hypochondriac such as myself, making it this far is a real accomplishment. Although the flip side of that is, my once-around could be half way over. But, such is life.
Turning 40 offers one an opportunity to reflect on life, past mistakes and joys, the future. Since my birthday fell on a Monday, I really did none of those things. Instead, I did what I always do; laundry, chased Nora, worked a little, helped kids with homework, shuttled them to Faith Formation, taught Faith Formation and shuttled back to Scouts. Throw in some baths and bedtime routines, and there was my day.
But I was here, with my people, and that was the best gift. Although a new tank watch wouldn't have been too awful, either. I did enjoy a wonderful ice cream birthday cake. And Zac Brown tix. And the next day enjoyed a long ladies lunch with much laughter and sweet gifts. Had coffee with friends.
So. It was all good.
Fall is coming/here, depending on the day and that makes me incredibly happy. It's my favorite season and I love the things we do as a family this time of year. We have the pumpkin patch, mountain day trip and App State football game coming. Plus, I know Christmas is quickly approaching and I live for that. In fact, I have already purchased 4 gifts for my little people. Way ahead. Not.
Walks With Purpose is in love with a little boy in her preschool class. Too young? I don't know. My best friend as a child and I each had 'boyfriends' when we were in preschool together. But WWP is funny about it and not afraid to tell God and everybody about this boy. She is holding her own in a class with 2 girls and 9 boys. In fact, she asked Santa for a tool bench so she can have one at school and one at home. For all of her DIY projects, I suppose.
GoGo joined Girl Scouts, or Brownies to be more precise. She also is wanting to start gymnastics now-it's ever-changing with this girl. She is acing math at school and I love that about her. As a girl who most definitely sucked at math, I love that she gets it. Smart girls are cool.
D is having a great run. He won the Terrific Kid Award last week, came in first in a Fun Run and completed his first 5k this weekend. Love to see him shine.
We are headed to Disney in a few short weeks and I am so excited to see their faces. D can't wait to do the rides and Legoland, GoGo is dying to see Shamu and the dolphin shows at Seaworld and WWP is going to own the Big Castle! at Magic Kingdom. My inlaws are joining us and the kids are psyched about that. Plus they get to miss a few days of school. Good times.
Turning 40 offers one an opportunity to reflect on life, past mistakes and joys, the future. Since my birthday fell on a Monday, I really did none of those things. Instead, I did what I always do; laundry, chased Nora, worked a little, helped kids with homework, shuttled them to Faith Formation, taught Faith Formation and shuttled back to Scouts. Throw in some baths and bedtime routines, and there was my day.
But I was here, with my people, and that was the best gift. Although a new tank watch wouldn't have been too awful, either. I did enjoy a wonderful ice cream birthday cake. And Zac Brown tix. And the next day enjoyed a long ladies lunch with much laughter and sweet gifts. Had coffee with friends.
So. It was all good.
Fall is coming/here, depending on the day and that makes me incredibly happy. It's my favorite season and I love the things we do as a family this time of year. We have the pumpkin patch, mountain day trip and App State football game coming. Plus, I know Christmas is quickly approaching and I live for that. In fact, I have already purchased 4 gifts for my little people. Way ahead. Not.
Walks With Purpose is in love with a little boy in her preschool class. Too young? I don't know. My best friend as a child and I each had 'boyfriends' when we were in preschool together. But WWP is funny about it and not afraid to tell God and everybody about this boy. She is holding her own in a class with 2 girls and 9 boys. In fact, she asked Santa for a tool bench so she can have one at school and one at home. For all of her DIY projects, I suppose.
GoGo joined Girl Scouts, or Brownies to be more precise. She also is wanting to start gymnastics now-it's ever-changing with this girl. She is acing math at school and I love that about her. As a girl who most definitely sucked at math, I love that she gets it. Smart girls are cool.
D is having a great run. He won the Terrific Kid Award last week, came in first in a Fun Run and completed his first 5k this weekend. Love to see him shine.
We are headed to Disney in a few short weeks and I am so excited to see their faces. D can't wait to do the rides and Legoland, GoGo is dying to see Shamu and the dolphin shows at Seaworld and WWP is going to own the Big Castle! at Magic Kingdom. My inlaws are joining us and the kids are psyched about that. Plus they get to miss a few days of school. Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment