So the house got TP'd the other night. Again.
The first time it happened, it was Funny Ha-Ha.
That may be because we were out of town that weekend and our kind neighbors cleaned up the mess before we got home.
This time, it was me out there on a ladder at 7:30am grabbing toilet paper off trees.
Kind of makes me want to go Joe Pesci on someone's butt.
And I totally sound like my father now but it was a school night! And late! And what parents let their kids out that late when there is a 7:30 bell waiting for them in the morning!
God, I am getting old.
Meanwhile, the kids are inside due to weather and so we broke out the arts and crafts box.
GoGo's portrait of herself and her Little Sis - I love the arrows indicating exactly who is where.
D has started an Idea Notebook - someplace where he jots down Lego building ideas, fort plans, building concepts. I totally dig the Time Portal.
He doesn't come by such organizational skills via his mother.
I love that he still makes things like this - some kids his age are so into a sport or dressing head to toe
in a particular brand or their Ipods that they don't really seem like 8 year old boys to me. To me,
boys at this age should be dirty and too tired from having Nerf gun battles around the neighborhood
to care if they are in Under Armour or not. If this makes him a bit nerdy now, so be it.
I want him to be young and untouched by as much crap as possible for as long as possible. That
will all come soon enough for him. I am not naive enough to think he won't some day start to care
about brands, etc. He already recognizes he is one of the few kids we know without an Ipod
Touch. Oh, the humanity.
The other night at dinner the kids were playing "Telephone" and trying to teach Walks with Purpose
how to join in. Gogo whispers something to her and WWP grins and yells to D, "You Have a
Girlfriend!" So D, to get back at GoGo, whispers to WWP and she yells out "GoGo poops in her
pants!" And now, we are rolling.
Yesterday was WWP's first official classmate's birthday party - tractor themed. She loved it and
talked about the cake all the way home. That's my girl.
Today looks like another weather induced indoor-day so we'll be using our imaginations around
here. Filling up Idea Notebooks, building forts and playing, sans Ipods.
No comments:
Post a Comment