Christmas Tree Recycle

It is wet here.  Very wet.  And a bit chilly.  Our backyard is a soppy mess.
But D and his buddies still found it in them to build a pretty awesome fort.  Out of nothing but our discarded Christmas tree, some limbs from a dead tree and some pretty fantastic imaginations.
D begged me to go see it this morning at 8am.  I was still in my jammies.  Actually, I still am as I write this.
But off we trudged in our boots, through the mud and in the rain, to behold The Fort.
And it was so worth it.


The Long View.


The Window.  And table and chair.

Entrance.

Cozy, no?

I love how it's just branches laid together just so...no nails, rope or any other material holding it up.

D's bathtub tonight will be so incredibly gross but I know he's having a great time right now.

My girls are watching Sleeping Beauty, curled up in blankets on the floor together.

I am in my jammies, doing my chores.

A good rainy day, home from school.

Even for a Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment