Today

I did a lot of "feel good" things.

I had coffee with a good friend and her sweet baby.

I dropped off 4 bags of toys to Goodwill.  Hope some little people out there enjoy them.

I dropped off a huge bag of shoes and coats for kids going without in our area.

I volunteered for 2 hours in GoGo's classroom.  I used a hot glue gun, cut ribbon, addressed envelopes and got Gingerbread houses ready for decoration.

I spied on D in his class.

I ordered 36 holiday cupcakes for GoGo's class holiday party.

I dropped off treats and holiday paper products for Walks With Purpose's class holiday party.

I took pictures of my Christmas decorations.  With Christmas music blaring.

Much better than yesterday.


I argued with D about his math homework.
Me-"Oh!  I didn't know you guys were learning to carry the 1."
D-"We're not."
Me-"Yes, you are."
D-"No, we're not, Mom."
Me-"Um, yes you are.  Right here."
D-"I have no idea what you are talking about."

Turns out they don't call it that anymore.  It's grouping, which is basically a bunch of sticks and dots.  WTF?  Must they change everything?

I had a bit of a row, with GoGo yesterday.  Over piano.  And her lack of practice.
I gave her my best mom-knows-best lecture about the need for practice, how it makes perfect, and other such nonsense.
She doesn't give in and I drive her to her lesson, convinced she will not pass this week's song.
Alas, I am proven wrong.  Not only did she pass, she was assigned 2 new songs and her teacher tells me "She has a knack for this.  A natural ability".  What does GoGo say?  "HA-HA-HA, mom."
I just got schooled.  Again.

Recently, I have  lost my patience with Walks with Purpose for a multitude of things and I may or may not have said a few potty words under my breath.  Have we met?  Maybe they weren't quite under my breath.
Purpose picked up a doozy and now I am begging her not to repeat.  I remind her it's potty talk, not nice talk, not good manners talk.  She pauses.  She looks at me.  She repeats her potty talk.
My thoughts exactly.


No comments:

Post a Comment