Let's see.
Walks With Purpose told me something was "super cool" for the first time. Cracked me up.
She is really talking so much more now and the things she says either crack me up or make me cringe.
No in-between. She is getting much better at saying Please, Thank You and You're Welcome.
She has also told me I'm stupid. Nice. Wonder where she heard that one?
Which brings us to D and GoGo...
My older 2 went fishing at the beach this weekend. That was the longest I've ever been away from them and I really missed them. Although the quiet was nice too...
They caught 3 baby sharks and you know that made Gogo's year. I have a picture of her waving a filet knife that I am saving to use on her when she's 15 and knows everything. She informed me that "they didn't rip the shark's tooth out because he was just a baby." How merciful.
My father-in-law gave the kids these cool geodes from Mt. Saint Helen's and now I wonder if D is re-thinking his plan to become a builder. He's so into this rock and crystal thing now, I see him at a dig site in Egypt in about 10 years. He also made his first "balls" joke yesterday to me. Good times.
Meanwhile, I think I am in the midst of an early mid-life crisis. Is that possible before you even reach 40?
Lately I have had this incredible wanderlust - I want to take about 2 months off from my life and follow Van Morrison and Mumford and Sons around the U.K. I want to close down the pubs while enjoying a beer and some live Irish music. I want to rent a car and trace the steps of my great-great grandparents in Ireland and Wales.
All of which, is tough to do with 3 little people. Not to mention Hubs.
I am hoping this is a bad combo of PMS and the anniversary of my mom's death and not a full-blown crisis.
I can't afford to take all of us on my 2 month journey to insanity.
On a brighter note, we visit the mountains this weekend and then Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Everyone says it each and every year but Where Did This Year Go?
I've no idea. But Christmas is Coming! And that makes me very happy.
Maybe Santa will stuff my stocking with a bit of sanity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment