The last few days I feel like I need to be cloned in order to handle all the little people requests of me.
More than usual, I think.
There is so much they want to show me, tell me, do with me. And it's exhausting.
Sometimes the din is so loud with all of them trying to "out-loud" the next one that I want to scream.
Instead, I grab a Blue Moon and go with it.
But later when the house is quiet as they are all tucked safely in their beds, I ponder.
On how quickly the day will be here when my house is quiet with them here because they won't want to talk to me. I know this will be a phase but it could be a doozy, while it lasts.
They won't burst in the door yelling for me to come look at what they've just make in the backyard.
They won't draw me pictures telling me how much they love me while I cook dinner.
They won't want me to read the same book over and over and over again to them.
They won't make a hundred different requests of me anymore-tv shows, snacks, playdates.
What will I do then?
I try really hard not to lose my mind when I'm feeling overwhelmed or frustrated with them, but I fail often.
Instead, I want to try and enjoy even these crazy days where I feel like I'm drowning.
Because I will miss this crazy when it's gone.
In the midst of all this chaos from the past few days, a few funnies.
I found some huge cardboard boxes in the attic and I gave them to the kids to make a fort with on a rainy afternoon. We got duct tape out, markers to decorate, blankets for the inside.
All was well at first.
Then GoGo got a wild hair and started messing with the somewhat fragile design. D yells at her to stop.
I ask her to stop annoying D and to leave the fort alone.
D says "I Told You Mom. She's Butt." Just butt, nothing more.
At dinner the other night there was a bit of silence while everyone chewed happily.
A random toot was heard. Eyes lifted, scanned each others' faces to determine the culprit.
A wee little voice from the end of the table says "twee fwahg!" Walks with Purpose...
I am putting books away in GoGo's room the other and I spy her recently purchased Sharks book.
It is open to the pages with the Great White and I notice she has circled the picture with the gnashing teeth and gaping mouth, wrote YOU ROCK and put a gold star sticker on it. Jacque Cousteau wannabe...
Bend an elbow, here's to The Crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment