Wrapped up a delightful first field trip with GoGo last week.
Conversations amongst 5-year old girls are both hilarious and unbelievable.
Friend to GoGo: "I like your headband."
GoGo to Friend: "Thanks, I like yours too, today."
Friend to GoGo: "I like holding your mom's hand. She's nice."
GoGo to Friend: "I don't like you."
WTF
Agent P and I met some horses we just had to chat with...she through the window of the van and me through my lens. Wish I had just one more acre to add a horsey to...
Trying hard not to over-do the Christmas spirit too early around here. I haven't put one single thing up but we have been jamming to Christmas music for a while now (say, 3-4 months off and on) and we are scheduled for a Christmas movie double-feature tomorrow night. I hate to see the decorations and lights up in stores before Thanksgiving but for some reason the same doesn't apply to my own home. Go figure.
D made an Advent wreath at Faith Formation last night and begged me to stop at Target on the way home to "buy the special little candles that go inside".
I had to remind him that Advent hasn't started yet and you can't just run around lighting things on fire all willy-nilly. I clearly got the "Whatever, Mom" look. Go figure.
GoGo attempted to self-decorate by using markers creatively on not only her own skin, but the skin on her sweet face. She made a peace sign on each cheek (Daddy thought it was a pentagram at first but further inspection concluded it was indeed a sign of peace), 2 hearts on either side of her forehead and a big red dot in the middle.
Why the dot, you may wonder? According to GoGo it is what "Indians wear".
D informs her it is most certainly NOT what they wear. Oh, contraire, my friend. It is what "Indian girls wear". How she came by this particular piece of information, I simply have no idea.
Apparently my children are far more multi-cultural than their parents AND far more than we have ever given them credit for.
The power of public school?
No comments:
Post a Comment