I did it. I finally took the plunge and got my D90 camera. So excited. A friend and her kids clapped for me via telephone over the news.
What I put my children and myself through to get the camera, not such a happy story.
My kids played all day with friends-I woke the baby up from her afternoon nap-loaded all 3 precious ones into the car-had to make 3 work related stops PLUS sell my old camera-hit the DQ for Blizzards-listened to Agent P scream bloody murder because she had no icecream-lost the paci-realized I had no baby wipes-listened to Gogo kick D's seat and offer him a knuckle sandwich at least 11 times-listened to D tell Gogo to "shush it" at least as many-rocked out to Sir Paul and Beck-were in the car for 1.5 hours at this point and still no D90-hit the Teeter for potty break/fresh veggies/BlueMoon/cash/gumballs-proceeded to take all 3 little people into a camera store-watched from the corner of my eye as D and Gogo had Agent P's stroller on 1 wheel as I pretended to have an adult conversation with the camera lady-took some photos with the D90-was quite pleased-tried to wrangle all kids back into the car with thunder/lightning like it was the 2nd Coming-attempted to change Agent P's diaper while talking on a cellphone-listened to everyone whine because it was 5:45 and dinner was no where near being ready-Gogo informs me she "has something bad to tell me"...she has put her chewed gumball in her ear and then took it out, only to have it become stuck in her hair-"cut it" she tells me of her beautiful white blonde locks-FINALLY pull in with everyone yelling-attempt to cook dinner with Agent P screaming as if I were lighting her feet on fire while the other 2 have a "penis kicking contest" in the living room-take pictures with my new camera of EVERYTHING in my kitchen-crack open a BlueMoon-aagghh, better now.
Should have put the money I spent on this chest towards a new lens but too late now. Plus I love it.
I had this great idea that I was going to be like the Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond) tonight and take beautiful pictures of my dinner as I was preparing it.
That is tough to do with someone hanging on your leg as you move about the kitchen and you try to chop veggies without losing a pinkie while you saute chicken and try to open your Blue Moon. Some things are just too much, people.
So, I snapped some pics of D's lego creation he worked on today with a friend...the most expensive Lego pics I have ever taken.
Can't wait for tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so funny Traci! I bet you were glad for bedtime last night. Love the pics. 50's take great ones.
awesome post... i feel so happy I am not alone in my chaotic madness of 3 small people needing attention al AT ONCE...
xo
Post a Comment