Well now...we survived the first week of Kindergarten AND a layover flight to STL sans daddy. How good are we?
Dominick had a great first day of school and this week has just been awesome for him. It is so exciting to hear him chatting away happily about his day- the other kids (he has a few new friends already), the rules (mostly who breaks them daily) and the food (he is buying lunch and finding that to be terribly exciting). I am so proud of him!!
So I took my precious threesome to the 'Lou to visit family and friends in the area-great idea except for the 6am flight and 90 minute layover. I woke up with freakin' butterflies, I was so nervous about this trip. I am happy to report that as far as I know
1. we are not on a Air Marshalls WATCH list even though Margot said the word bomb very loudly on the plane just prior to takeoff
2. I am not on Utube for publicly beating my children in the airport (kidding people)
3. the rental car company is not charging to clean up the 9,000 crunchy sprinkles that fell off our Mr. Twist icecreams into the backseat.
We had a great time with my family and I got to hang with my girls back home like we haven't done since 1999 (and I damn near mean that literally). I was able to enjoy a record 5 Blue Moons while enjoying a fantastically fall-like evening on the patio of a great bar with ALL the girls (and a few boys)-I SO wish I lived closer to do that more often.
I am fortunate to have some really great friends here but nothing can compare to those relationships you forge while young-the people who best understand where you come from, why you behave as you do and still love you for it...it is almost impossible to replicate that later in life when the mold has already been cast. The life experiences that bond you at 16 such as fake id's and broken hearts are not the same as commiserating over preschool choices for your children and the best place to buy organic. One does not trump the other-the bond is just stronger the longer it grows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment