So GoGo made her First Holy Confession last week. She was a bit nervous before, but we talked about it quite a bit and once in the Church, she seemed ok. She was in line and talking to the priest for a hot minute before she was back to our pew. In fact it was so fast, I questioned Quick Draw McGraw, doubting that she had even opened her mouth to talk to the priest. As she is attempting to climb over the back of the pew, she tells me that she had indeed talked to one. Pointing, she says "That One Right There!" Okay, then. She then proceeded to confess to me as well, do her penance and then the Mission was complete.
D is going to be part of the 3rd grade Christmas Cantata at Faith Formation. His first choice of characters? A cow. Lucky boy, that was the part assigned to him last night. In fact, most of the boys wanted to be the animals. Go figure. I am helping Mary, Joseph and the donkey with their parts. Joseph asked "When is the part where I marry Mary?" I told him it was already done and he was good to go. This ought to be good…
Squeezalicous walked around most of yesterday morning crying because she wasn't in any of the preschool photos D has in a little album. It's something his teacher made for him in his 4 year old class. She was literally sobbing at one point. Sheesh. So, I took one of the 5 flash drives loaded with photos up to the CVS and printed 20 pics of her at various stages of development. We then headed to Tarjay and purchased a pink album, loaded it up with said photos and I had one happy 3 year old girl. It made me realized though, how many more photos I have up and around of the GoGo and D. Poor 3rd child.
The other day she was wandering around downstairs, looking for something to do. I suggested she go upstairs and play with her sister. She tells me "I can't. GoGo said if I can come in her room again, she will call the police." In her Elmer Fudd voice, this made me die.
The kids' classes are participating in some program to help a village in Africa purchase livestock and water purifiers. I hope I understand it correctly, but that's about the gist of it. So, they are to do chores and earn money to donate. D came home and wanted to spend $50 of his own piggy bank money so "I can buy a pig for somebody." Love that boy. I talked him down to $20 as I know the rest of the class are also generously giving. GoGo was good with $10. Of course, she can't find her wallet she has stashed all her monies in, anyway. Guess who got to donate?
I am done Christmas shopping with the exception of one thing for D and it's super easy. I am wrapping everything Thursday and then on to baking! I ordered a couple of Christmas albums off Etsy so after school the kids do their homework to Bing Crosby and Ray Conniff. I don't know how much it adds to their brain function, but it's fun.
So ready for Christmas here, except for the fact we have no tree yet. Some great friends came into town this weekend and it was a non-stop party. So, we never made it to a tree lot but tomorrow is a new day and I don't think these kids will let too much more time go by without one.
Counting down...
D is going to be part of the 3rd grade Christmas Cantata at Faith Formation. His first choice of characters? A cow. Lucky boy, that was the part assigned to him last night. In fact, most of the boys wanted to be the animals. Go figure. I am helping Mary, Joseph and the donkey with their parts. Joseph asked "When is the part where I marry Mary?" I told him it was already done and he was good to go. This ought to be good…
Squeezalicous walked around most of yesterday morning crying because she wasn't in any of the preschool photos D has in a little album. It's something his teacher made for him in his 4 year old class. She was literally sobbing at one point. Sheesh. So, I took one of the 5 flash drives loaded with photos up to the CVS and printed 20 pics of her at various stages of development. We then headed to Tarjay and purchased a pink album, loaded it up with said photos and I had one happy 3 year old girl. It made me realized though, how many more photos I have up and around of the GoGo and D. Poor 3rd child.
The other day she was wandering around downstairs, looking for something to do. I suggested she go upstairs and play with her sister. She tells me "I can't. GoGo said if I can come in her room again, she will call the police." In her Elmer Fudd voice, this made me die.
The kids' classes are participating in some program to help a village in Africa purchase livestock and water purifiers. I hope I understand it correctly, but that's about the gist of it. So, they are to do chores and earn money to donate. D came home and wanted to spend $50 of his own piggy bank money so "I can buy a pig for somebody." Love that boy. I talked him down to $20 as I know the rest of the class are also generously giving. GoGo was good with $10. Of course, she can't find her wallet she has stashed all her monies in, anyway. Guess who got to donate?
I am done Christmas shopping with the exception of one thing for D and it's super easy. I am wrapping everything Thursday and then on to baking! I ordered a couple of Christmas albums off Etsy so after school the kids do their homework to Bing Crosby and Ray Conniff. I don't know how much it adds to their brain function, but it's fun.
So ready for Christmas here, except for the fact we have no tree yet. Some great friends came into town this weekend and it was a non-stop party. So, we never made it to a tree lot but tomorrow is a new day and I don't think these kids will let too much more time go by without one.
Counting down...
No comments:
Post a Comment