Free and Easy

It is a very good thing I am not particularly skilled at playing an instrument right now and that I have 3 little people and other earthly commitments or I would be playing on a street corner in Nashville in a HOT MINUTE.

I just got back from my first girls trip in Music City and to say we had fun would just be stupid.  We owned that party.  We hit the "musical must-sees", shopped, had a great dinner our last night and laughed.  And laughed.  And cried from laughing.  And wet ourselves a wee bit from all that laughter.

I figured the first night we would all be up for a late night out and we surely were.  We sang our hearts out, burned through cash at the bar and laughed like deranged hyenas.
Saturday came.  Good Lord.  The only cure was a lot of Starbucks and a pile of greasy bacon.

But the 8 of us rallied old school and closed it down Saturday night.  I hated to see Sunday come for a couple of reasons, least of which was my epic hangover.  My abs literally ached from laughing so hard and often.

These girls are the real deal-I have laughed with them and cried with them.  They know me and my faults and still don't unfriend me.  I don't have to hide anything about where I came from with them, as we all know the same streets and characters.
We took this trip for a few reasons, one being that about half of us are turning 40 this year.  We talked of a trip when we turn 50.  I hope we can swing a few between now and then.  If my abs can take it.

I came home to a chorus of "Mommy!  Mommy!  Mommy!" and it was so good to see my people.  GoGo had called me 3 times on Sunday and in one of our conversations, she told me she was making bottle cap bracelets.  I assumed she meant from a craft kit.  Nope.  She informed me that she made her own with "what she found around the house."  Nice.  Mommy could have made a few or 50 of these this weekend too.


2 comments:

Brandi said...

Loved...loved....loved every second of our trip!!! We will definitely have to rock another city. Laughter is the best medicine AND a good ab excercise. ;) Love your bracelet.

Friends always,
B

(love, Booby)

Candi said...

I cried just now reading that! I loved our trip, I love that after all these years and some of us not seeing each other as often as we like we come together like we haven't missed a beat. There were moments I thought if I laugh anymore my whole body will cramp from shaking so hard. I am so grateful we had this weekend to make even better memories of our friendship!

Love you...holler and swaller! LOL
Candi

Post a Comment