Graduation, Dog Days and Old Age

GoGo graduated kindergarten on Tuesday.  Her teacher is retiring along with the principal of the school and it was just all too much and I caught myself getting vaklempt a few times or ten.  Oh well-that's what mothers do, I suppose.
So proud of that girl-she had a great year and she is very ready to be a big first grader.

It's hot here.
Like middle of July-I can't take much more of summer-when does school start back-kind of hot.
It's not even summer break and already the bickering has begun.  Or maybe it just never really ended.

D called Agent P a YARD APE the other day.
I lost it laughing but then wondered out loud - "Wherever did you hear such a thing?"
From Ramona the Pest, of course.  Well, there you go.

Speaking of Agent P, she goes to her own little summer camp next week and boy is mommy she excited!
That will give me a little time with just my 2 big ones as summer break officially starts at 2pm tomorrow.
What special things will we do with ourselves each day?  Probably bicker over where to go, who to go with and what to eat.  Some things never change.

The little people and I were in a bit of a collision last week in our car.  Not my fault, Thank God.  I wasn't even adjusting the music on my Ipod, talking on the phone or yelling at a small child.  I was just driving along, minding my own business when BAM!  I ran right into someone, as she was attempting to turn left across 2 lanes of traffic without benefit of any type of signal in rush hour traffic.  Nope, not my fault at all.  Now we await the insurance company to do their thing.
In the meantime, I was looking over the police report (which very clearly states the accident was NOT my fault) and I noticed the age of the other driver.  I knew she was young but then I realized she was born in 1986.  So it is physically possible for me TO BE HER MOTHER.

I had been thinking this was going to be the Summer of Traci!  Just like it was the Summer of George!  I was going to work out more, appear tan and rested at all times, takes my little people on exciting and educational trips, work more efficiently, yell less.
But after this little fender-bender I am thinking this will instead be the summer of spider vein therapy, glycolic facial peels, no sweets and pale as a catfish belly.
Sounds inviting, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment