Things are heating up and slowing down here.  All extracurricular activities have officially ceased and the slow crawl to the end of the schoolyear has begun.  Gogo and D are about to lose their minds from excitement about the DAWNING OF SUMMER.  
They are also fighting over the slightest things, such as how words are pronounced (BURGER, not BOOGER) and who gets in/out of the car first.  It could be a long summer.

Just the other day, we are all harmoniously playing together in the driveway.  Bikes, scooters, chalk and balls are strewn about.  I'm sitting in my normal chair, presiding over my Blue Moon.
Gogo-"Mom, D and A are calling me a Cow Ball".
Me-"You mean a Cow Bell?"  
Gogo-"No, a Cow BALL" and grabs her crotch, referring I can only assume, to the nether regions on a boy, were she one.
I had to really work hard to not spit out my beer and double over, laughing.  But, being the mature parent I am, I held it together long enough to inquire of D what the story was.  
He tells me they were talking about cows and dogs and how they have those BALLs hanging off their stomachs, like the dog does across the street.  I am quiet for a minute, processing this.  I then tell him about UDDERS and how they feed babies.  He is then quiet for a minute, processing this.  He replies, "Well, that is just disgusting."
The good times.  Never stop, do they?

He just had his official Bridging Ceremony at Boy Scouts and is now officially a Wolf.  He thought it was pretty cool and we did too.  Agent P found a way to double-fist the cupcakes and Gogo played in the dirt all night.  












The neighbor sold me an old piano as I've wanted one for a long time.  Agent P shows the most interest, which is no surprise, really.  That girl loves her some music.  


















 So I come downstairs this morning and pre-coffee, this is what I spy from the corner of my eye on my back porch.  Scared the Bajeezus right out of me.  In my morning fog, I very briefly wondered if there was a 4th little person that I had forgotten to put inside last night. 





The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment