Memories, new and old










Yesterday was the anniversary of my mom's death-29 years...more than 2/3 of my life. Really hard to believe and still like it happened to someone else in many ways. I have few memories, now old ones...most are happy ones like her waking me up to show me it was snowing, taking me to Wilson Park to get a pet goldfish when they cleaned the pond out for the winter, the awesome birthday parties I had. Some are sad like watching her comb her hair during chemo and seeing her cry as it fell out.




As I get older and now have kids of my own, I can appreciate a bit more how my grandma must feel on this anniversary. How impossibly sad to have your child die before you-I cannot imagine how much that must have changed her life forever. She has been my hero forever as if it were not for her, my sister and I probably wouldn't have made it. I hope I am for my own kids what she has been for me.








On to new memories...Dominick's first field trip, Nora's first Halloween and Margot's cheerleading! Love, love, love these guys...




No comments:

Post a Comment