We survived my insane work week last week intact.
Now we are working on field trips, potty training and First Communion.
D and I have been working on this workbook to prepare for it.
Last night we were doing a rundown of how it will all go the evening of his big event.
I reminded him of how to hold his hands to receive the wafer and to take just a sip of the wine.
He nodded Yes, he got it. Then he looked at me and asked "Do I have to drink after other people?"
My germaphobia has apparently been passed to my oldest child. I told him that the Priest wipes the chalice after each person drinks. He says with a bit of a raised brow, "Well, that is good to hear."
Should be an interesting evening.
Walks With Purpose loovvees to be naked. The past 2 days it has been warm here and we've been out in the backyard at the water table playing when Daddy comes home. Both days he was met with a naked two year old hanging from the fence, yelling "HI! Daddy!" We just crack up, watching her run wild through the yard like that. All kids need a bit of freedom sometimes.
GoGo has informed me she has changed course and will now be a shoe and dress designer.
She has been sketching and I have to say, they are really good.
I don't know if they are Vera Wang good, but I was impressed.
I stalked these guys for a bit yesterday. It was a beautiful day so I cruised with the windows down, music up and camera ready. They all came charging up to the fence when I first got out of the car and for a brief minute, I wondered if it was safe to continue harassing animals as I am prone to do. Then I realized they only wanted to know if I had food and seeing that I didn't, they all sauntered off.
Just yesterday WWP asked me for a horse, so she could "wide it awound."
I need about 2-3 more acres, an old barn and about $10k. Then we could really be Green Acres.
Aren't they cute??
Startled, perhaps?
Highlight of last weekend's craziness was the fact that I was able to drive one of our pace cars around-a 2012 hardtop Volvo convertible. Gorgeous. I was meant to own that thing.
The kids loved it, of course. GoGo was sure I had traded in the van for it.
D informed me he didn't really trust me driving it and he was "too young to die."
It did have some awesome pick-up.
Not enough to give up my Little People Taxi, unfortunately.


No comments:
Post a Comment