Yeah, Mon. No Problem.

We are settling back into reality after a wonderful week in Jamaica.  We stayed at the Half Moon, the same resort we went to 5 years ago when hubs' brother got married.  Upon arrival, it didn't appear kid friendly.  It's like stepping back in time - no high rises, just beautiful one and two story villas, white washed and filled with British Colonial furnishings.  Which is appropriate, as Jamaica was a British colony until just 50 years ago.
But the kids had a ball!  We rode our bikes to each meal and all around the resort, we partied on the beach with snorkels, sailboats and buckets, we kissed dolphins, we were on a first name basis at the swim up bar.  The kids even had 2 mornings of camp that included golf, massage and beach olympics.  How much better can it get?

I would say by the end of the 2nd day, most staff knew WWP by first name.  I don't know if that was from me yelling her name as I chased her around the pool or what but as we passed housekeeping in the morning, we would hear a "There is Nora!  Good morning, girl!"  Nora would pass by on her bike and say "Everybody knows Nora".  And then I died laughing.

The other cool thing is that while there are a lot of American families there, it's still heavily British and European so we were able to meet some interesting folks.  My kids got to see their first 9 year old boy in a Speedo.  It's good for them to see there is a great big world out there and not everyone dresses, talks, eats like you.

I was unable to capture the lushness that was the resort-towering palm trees, hot pink flowers of various types, green foliage.  All nestled against the white wash of the beautiful buildings.  My camera and my ability were lacking but I gave it a go.  I took a gazillion pics, many on my phone.  I don't have time now to go through them all but here is a quick sampling.

The Lobby

GoGo Chillaxin'

Straight Out of My Camera

Discussing the huge fish they just saw underwater

Just D and Me on the beach this afternoon

Our Suite, viewed from our "private" beach

Pool closest to our suite and nobody was ever there!

Swim Up Bar Pool…everybody's fave

A critter in the bushes by the pool

A critter in the water on the beach

Making that huge hermit crab sanctuary

Pedaling for her life-she did great first time on training wheels

The boys sailing

Just Give Peace a Chance, GoGo says

The courtyard between the suites on our end

WWP partying in the hot tub

I want to live here…it's a cottage built out in the ocean just for massage and yoga...

Helping WWP dig on the beach




We made some awesome memories this week and we all hated to come home.  But school starts next week and life as we know it here keeps moving forward.  We have had the best summer and I hate to see it end!  Some playdates and pool time this week and then it's backpacks and homework next.  Both my kids got awesome teachers this year so I am looking forward to a great school year!  Even though I dread getting up at the crack of dawn…such is life and ours is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment