Nora-isms

If I don't write these things down, there is no way my feeble mind will be able to recall them at a later date.  And I know I will want to be able to.

While biking in Jamaica, Nora whined "Dad!  It's hot!  My wegs (legs) need water!"

While visiting the Abe Lincoln Museum, we picked up a pink Civil War infantry cap for her to wear.  Because, she insisted.  So the other day I catch a glimpse of her in panties and cap only, rounding the corner, singing to herself.

The other night we're all 5 snuggled up on the couch, watching a movie.  She leans in and whispers to me "Mom, I gotta tell you a secret.  I wuv you."  I squeeze her and smile.  She goes over to hubs and again, leans in close for the secret telling.  "Dad, I gotta tell you a secret.  I wuv candy!"  My girl.

Today she and I were milling around the driveway, waiting for the bus to bring home D and Gogo.  She insisted upon checking the mailbox and just as she got there, a lawn truck rumbled by.  I yelled for her to stay on the side of the road.  The truck passes without incident and she says to me "See Mom!  I told you!  No cars runned me over today!"

Also while we're waiting for the big yellow ride, we spy a wasp in the grass.  I tell her to watch out for those guys, as they can sting.  Her eyes widen.  "They can STING me??  WHY?!?!  I am a nice person!"


Today was the first day of school for D and Gogo.  WWP starts next Tuesday.  It was weird to not have them with me today as we ran errands and played at home.  I missed them.  No surprise this morning-D and Mommy didn't want to get up and Gogo was up on the first call.  It seems both had a good first day-nothing too exciting and nothing negative.  They both made a new friend or two.
And that is about all you can ask for, any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment