It's my birthday too.
Happy to have one. I don't think I will be one of those people who perpetually turn "29".
Not that I am not slightly concerned with eye wrinkles, flabby tummies or lower-than-average boobs.
But those things don't lessen my outright joy in making it another year.
I am happy to be here another year to snuggle yesterday with my oldest on the couch while listening to "Christmas with the Rat Pack."
I am happy to be here another year to "talk fashion" with my middle one-that would be how she is so fashion.
I am happy to be here another year to chase my baby around the house while removing Polly Pocket items from her mouth, all day long.
I am happy to be here another year to give and receive hugs and kisses, listen to my kids' sweet giggles, watch the leaves change, decorate a Christmas tree and enjoy my music and Blue Moons.
Life is good.
No, I'm not going to break into that song, "Live Like You Were Dying" now.
Hopefully we'll save that for another day far, far from now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment