Sickly=Snuggly

Why do I like my kids better when they're under-the-weather?  Kidding.  Maybe.

They're more snuggly, actually enjoying being wrapped up like a tamale with Mommy on the couch, listening to Christmas music in September.

They're sweeter, not having the energy to fight with siblings or argue over bedtime.

They're more compliant, with a lot of "yes-ma'aming" as it pertains to homework completion, vegetable consumption and general house rules.

I would not want all 3 sick at the same time, certainly.  And God knows I don't want it be more than a virus (and believe that I have stressed over his fever a bit more than is probably natural or necessary).

But I have enjoyed just a teensy-weensy bit my D being a bit sickly the last few days.
It was kind of nice just hanging with him while the girlies were at school.

We snuggled.  We watched a lot of TV, including what Mommy wanted (note the extra sweetness here?).
We ate Fritos and Halloween cookies.  I read to him.  A lot.  We snuggled some more.  We played Legos while lying down.  It was sweet in a pleaseGoddon'tletthisbeanythingmorethanjustyouraveragevirus
dealbutisn'tthiskindofnicetobeabletotreathimlikeababyagainsince
he's gettingsobigandall kind of way.

Meanwhile the ladies soldiered on. 
Agent P enjoyed her first Halloween cookie with orange icing and there was a bit more than casual lip smacking after.  She literally wrapped her little arm around the table leg and tilted her head back to help it go down faster.  At least that's what I think she was doing.  Possibly she was having face time with God, thanking him for such things as Halloween cookies with orange icing.

GoGo continues to debate her Halloween costume with me.  "I want to be this "debil" girl mommy."
No, GoGo, you will not be a DEVIL girl for Halloween.  "But I WANT TO."  No, GoGo.
"But I want her SHOES."  So it's not the evil character she likes so much as it is her pumps.  Right.

I adore them all ALL of the time but sick=sweet in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment